Monday, November 14, 2016

Leonard Cohen calligraphies

This is not something one can see cycling around anywhere. In fact these pieces are not publicly displayed at all. I found them in my loft buried among some old papers. These are scraps of old paper, sometimes just old brown envelope, on which I once practiced calligraphy. I just couldn't resist the temptation to look for them having heard the news. I always thought that quotations from Cohen are perfect subject to practice calligraphy. I don't do this any more and anyway this web site is not there to publish my own stuff. I just couldn't resist having heard the news. It is a homage to the great bard.
You know, neither James Joyce nor Leo Tolstoy ever got a Nobel Prize, instead some obscure writers hardly remembered today, like Mikhail Sholokhov or Winston Churchill (Nobel for literature!)









No comments:

Post a Comment